Dr. Dwi Utami, M.Si., Apt.
Research Topic In General:
Discovery and development of drugs and medicinal substances in order to improve physico-chemical properties and pharmacological activities
Current Research Interest:
- Design, synthesis and pharmacological activity of anti-cancer, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory drugs
- Development and improvement of physical and chemical properties of medicinal substances through crystal engineering technology.
- Application and development of computational chemical methods in the design and discovery of medicinal substances as well as three-dimensional structural analysis of chemical compounds.
Research carried out in the last five years is the development of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug ingredients technology with co-crystallization technology to improve physical and chemical properties. The product that has been produced is a new zwitterion cocrystal of diclofenac-L-proline acid with higher solubility properties than the initial medicinal substance. The exposure to the three-dimensional structure of the cocrystal obtained was found through the single crystal x-ray diffraction (SCXRD) technique through a research collaboration with the Department of Chemistry and Material Science, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan in 2017 and was recorded as a new cocrystal structure in the Cambridge Structural Database with number 1584472.
- Utami, D., Nugrahani, I., Ibrahim, S. (2016) : Formation and Characterization of Mefenamic acid -Nicotinamide Cocrystal During Co-milling Based on X-ray Powder Diffraction Analysis. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences, 6, 075-081.
- Utami, D., Nugrahani, I., Ibrahim, S. (2017) : Mefenamic acid -nicotinamide co-crystal synthesized by using melt crystallization method and its solubility study. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, 5, 135-139.DOI:10.22159/ajpcr.2017.v10i5.15863, https://innovareacademics.in/journals/index.php/ajpcr/issue/view/267
- Megantara, S., Utami, D., Puspitasari, L., Mustarichie, R (2017) : Insilico study of thymoquinone as peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma agonist in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 9(9), 2017, 1478-1482 http://www.jpsr.pharmainfo.in/Documents/Volumes/vol9Issue09/jpsr09091715.pdf
- Nugrahani, I., Utami, D., Permana, B., Ibrahim, S. (2018) : Development of the NSAID-L-Proline Amino Acid Zwitterionic Cocrystals. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences, 8(04), 057-063.DOI:10.7324/JAPS.2018.8408, http://www.japsonline.com/past-articles.php?issueid=97
- Nugrahani, I., Utami, D., Ibrahim, S., Nugraha, Y.P., Uekusa, H., (2018): Zwitterionic cocrystal of diclofenac and L-proline: Structure determination, solubility, kinetics of cocrystallization, and stability study. European Journal of Pharmaseutical Science, 168-176. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejps.2018.02.020, https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/european-journal-of-pharmaceutical-sciences/vol/117/suppl/C,
Struktur tiga dimensi kokristal asam diklofenak-prolin