Pharmaceutical and Pharmaceutical Technology Laboratory
Pharmaceutical and Pharmaceutical Technology Laboratory is currently managing two units of laboratories which are:
- Pharmaceutical Laboratory
- Pharmaceutical Technology Laboratory
Pharmaceutical and Pharmaceutical Technology Laboratory is a laboratory owned by Pharmaceutical Faculty of Ahmad Dahlan University in which it is employed as a location for practical training or research for students of undergraduate program, professional program, postgraduate program or other researchers. The laboratory provides a lecturer room, a practice room, a laboratory assistant room, an equipment and materials room.
Pharmaceutical Laboratory is used as a means to develop the medicinal treatment skill for the patient based on the request made by a doctor or a dentist. Teaching and learning process includes medicine formulation practices and pharmaceutical preparations. The practical training conducted in the laboratory including:
- Pharmaceutical practice training
- Prescription training
Pharmaceutical Technology Laboratory has a role of the formulation on medicinal product in the pharmaceutical industry. The medicines formulated are in a solid, a semi solid, a liquid, and in a sterile form. The practical learning process conducted in the laboratory such as:
- The preparation of a solid medicine such as tablets, capsules, and powders
- The preparation of a semi solid medicine such as creams, lotions, suspense, emulsions, and suppositories.
- The preparations of sterile medicine such as infusion and injection medicines